Friday, May 09, 2014

Day 1: A Summer Job

Thursday, May 8th, 2014

 Today, I interviewed at Eskimo Queen. 
It's a small roadside hometown soft serve ice cream shop. Basically, it’s a shack. It was originally a Dairy Queen from the 1950’s.  If you can imagine an old Dairy Queen; which has been converted into another quick-stop restaurant, in a small/midsized town – then you can probably already see Eskimo Queen. 

After my interview, I was shown around and given training. I made two milkshakes and successfully operated the drive-thru. Quite the experience I must say. I am scheduled to work Saturday, it’s going to be interesting.

By the end of the summer I hope to have earned enough money to buy a car, as well as enough to pay part of my college fees for the upcoming year. Oh and don’t forget a little spending money.


As far a college goes, I need to register for orientation - soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment