Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 7: Another Day Closer

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014

I signed up for orientation today - I am now another small step closer to starting my college journey.

However, to be able to complete college one must first pay for college. Which, brings me back to my summer job at Eskimo Queen. My next scheduled time to work is tomorrow. I am really desiring a place where I can have a fixed schedule, instead of waiting to hear when I work next. Either way - I just need to be making money over the summer.

Now, for something to look forward too. On Saturday, me and my FIRST Robotics team, Digital Fusion, will be competing in the 2014 Ohio FIRST Championship. Due to a lengthy yet all together necessary paragraph, to be able to fully describe what an FRC (First Robotics Championship) is to those who don't already know. I encourage you to look it up on Wikipedia, and watch videos on YouTube. I will provide links and further information in a later post sometime this week, followed up by a post prior to the competition.

The FIRST program has lead me to my interest in engineering. Because of its major role in my life, I hope that it can possibly change someone else life as well. If you aren't at all interested in anything engineering related, I still do incourge you to look it up in your free time. Even if it doesn't prompt you to seek an interest in an engineering related field - it will at least blow your mind to see what a group of highschool students can accomplish, with just six weeks and only an idea.

Word(s) of the day:
●  Inspiration
●  Ingenuity

Today marks my first week of blogging. I will admit that I do enjoy it, it gives me a different perspective on my day. Showing me a little more positive, and giving me more respect for each day.
Bear with me on this. I hope to become better at this over time.
Once again, thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment